Star Wars :: Infinite Galaxies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News

The Current year is 7 ABY

In a blistering attack Admiral Ackbar and the New Republic Forces have begun their assault upon the Core worlds with Coruscant as their final objective. The Empire have retaliated with a terrifying show of force even going so far as to unleash their devastating Super Star Destroyers against the attackers.
Liberty stands upon a knife edge, will the Legendary Admiral succeed or will the Empire deal the death blow it has been seeking for so many years?

Where there is strife and turmoil there are credits to be made and whispers in the criminal underworld tell of a shadowy organization controlled by the illusive and unforgiving Red Queen. Her lust for riches knowns no bounds and already she has made powerful and deadly enemies.
Switch Accounts

Affiliates
We don't have any affiliates. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not.

ATTENTION ANYONE THATS ALIVE

+5
Morlenoth
Sal Norongachi
Gideon Rawne
Phex
Nik Woverius Rillians
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ATTENTION ANYONE THATS ALIVE Empty ATTENTION ANYONE THATS ALIVE

Post  Nik Woverius Rillians 24th November 2012, 03:12

Right this wee place has been sorely neglected but with the recent spurt of activity I figured I'd put some stuff on the table that you guys might like to run with.

The Empire: We need to establish what happened to the remnants after Endor and most of the ranking officers deserted.

The New Republic: What are they doing? How are they handling the former Imperial Warlords? Will they ever retake the core and Coruscant?

The Sith: This is a completely open book, you can run with it as you see fit.

Jedi: Academy established? Where do they fit in with the grand scheme?
Nik Woverius Rillians
Nik Woverius Rillians
Scoundrel
Lover
Idiot

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION ANYONE THATS ALIVE Empty Re: ATTENTION ANYONE THATS ALIVE

Post  Phex 24th November 2012, 04:27

On the bright side, looks like we have the criminal ailment part covered.
Phex
Phex

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Rawne 24th November 2012, 09:54

If you're still serious about me running the Republic, I can throw together something for you about it's state of affairs and such.
Gideon Rawne
Gideon Rawne

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Woverius Rillians 24th November 2012, 10:03

Of course I am! Get to it!
Nik Woverius Rillians
Nik Woverius Rillians
Scoundrel
Lover
Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Rawne 24th November 2012, 10:06

In that case, I'll start throwing. Gimme a second to get my throwing gloves.

-Later-

Okay, NR synposis as it stands:

Under the leadership of Mon Mothma as Chief Councilor of the Provisional Council, the New Republic has been taking advantage of a fractured Empire to consolidate their holdings on planets that have overthrown their Imperial rulers. The NR Defence Force has been liberating its way through the Mid Rim and Inner Rim to establish bases for a campaign to take the Core Worlds. Their current capital world is Endor.

Currently their main target is to liberate Coruscant and use it as the offical capital of the New Republic.
Gideon Rawne
Gideon Rawne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Norongachi 25th November 2012, 02:30

Excellent! I'll get something similar done for the Imperials and then maybe start a galactic news summary thread or something.
Sal Norongachi
Sal Norongachi
Admin

https://infinitegalaxies.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Morlenoth 25th November 2012, 15:15

Lets see, after a preliminary search through the Wookieepedia articles, I have come with three proposals for the Empire group/faction/organization for our Player characters.

I personally prefer for the last one, though I wished to go through with more brains before I forge ahead with this. More details as to inter-faction relations and the like can be filled out once we decide which of these (or other suggested) factions we go for as the Empire.

In case anyone was wondering, yes, I am returning to what I do best. Being evil with big guns.

The Imperial Loyalists
After the Battle of Endor, the Imperial Ruling Council and the Grand Vizier Sate Pestage recalled the majority of Imperial forces to the core worlds, redeploying them to key fortress worlds and systems of strategic value. Nonetheless, without the Emperor's charismatic leadership, the Imperial heirarchy continued to disintegrate before the advancing rebel forces now calling themselves the so-called New Republic. Before the year was over, both the Grand Vizier and the Ruling Council were ousted from power by Imperial Intelligence under the leadership of Ysanne Isard.

Despite some key leaders of the Empire turning traitor and becoming self-styled warlords, the greater majority of the Empire continued to function under Imperial Center's orders. While the Rebels continue their march towards Imperial Center, Ysanne Isard plans behind the scenes to meet these advances and to punish the traitors and rebels for their arrogance.

Meanwhile, the previous policies of entrenchment has further served to divide the Empire psychologically as well as politically, creating military reality to the individual fiefdoms around central hubs of fortress worlds. Empowering the local Moffs, governors or military commanders charged with their defence. The Empire approaches breaking point as the pressures from the Rebels as well as from within threatens to boil over completely.

About the Faction
This will be a faction with minimal inspirational and creativity requirements as to the course of our RPs. This is the actual Imperial Government of canon we find at 6ABY shortly before the X-Wing novel series starts. As the Empire, we will be able to simply tell players to stop being lazy and go read the X-Wing series for more information or failing that, read what happens on Wookieepedia. Freeing our people to RP their own personal stories at the expense of taking time to RP our faction movements and actions.

This will mean that the fall of Coruscant will likely be an announced event without any need to RP its fall. It has already been written and there is no need to follow up on it until the end of the Bacta War. All the heroes and the main cast are in the novels. This will also be the easiest for the Rebels to take control of Imperial Center, as the Faction will simply obey canon timeline until the factions destruction.

Personal take
I am personally not a fan of this, but it is the best way to keep the site and RP accessible to new players. The problem with derailing from the accepted timeline is that after a while, only veterans and the patient can truly feel at home at the site barring a general timeline reset. This faction will be ill suited to those like myself who celebrate personal initiative of members to try and forge their own narrative regardless of the established canon norms. The faction will not thrive in a world of creativity, as the very nature of Isard and the Ruling Council will make dissention and personal initiative a risky course of action in a time where personal initiative can be seen as the start of warlordism.

The Dark Empire
"The Emperor and Darth Vader is dead! The Alliance to Restore the Republic has won the Battle of Endor! It is only a matter of time before the Empire falls before the righteous might of the New Republic!" The propaganda from Endor could not be further from the truth. From the deepest darkness of the Core of the Galaxy, from the very throneworld of Byss, a dark cabal rouses from its slumber. Dark Acolytes commence their preparation for the return of their Lord and Master, engineers and technicians continue their routine checks on their most vital charges. Lines upon lines of Cloning Cylinders contains the body of one man. Sate Pestage has left Imperial Center, leaving a duplicate clone behind to make it seem as if he remains feuding with the Ruling Council. The truly loyal, prepare for the reformation of the New Order into the Dark Empire of the Sith Emperor, Darth Sidious.

To this end, the Dark Empire must prepare the way. Competitors to the Emperor's return must be purged. The Rebels must be forced to bleed dry. The reconquest will be a systematic divide and conquer. None shall stand before the full might of the Eclipse and the Dark Side of the Force.

About the Faction
This will be a faction based wholly on the Emperor. As the leader of the Empire who has been defeated once but canonically returns, they form the basis of the "what-if" scenario. Unlike the Loyalists faction which is difficult to incite creativity and a future, the meddling of the Emperor in Jedi and his over arrogance is what costs the Dark Empire its defeat. Operation Shadow Hand's failures are matters that could be reversed, and if done so, can actually pave the way to a resurgent Empire under an immortal Emperor. This faction will be capable of incorporating Imperials and the Dark Side Adepts alike and will be the retelling of a chronicle that could have been had the Rebels not intervened as much in Imperial consolidation. The creation of a Dark Oligarchy was Palpatine's goal and from Byss, the Dark Empire will allow the players to wage a war from the shadows using proxy puppets at their command.

Personal Take
My second favoured choice, it allows the Imperial and Dark Side players to indulge in a game of intrigue and politics. The Dark Empire will be in a position to wage a shadow war from behind the scenes using agents and manipulating the warlord factions against the Rebellion. Once the time is right, the unveiling of the Dark Empire with the return of the Reborn Palpatine will commence a new phase of the Faction where they become not so much a hidden instigator to an actual conqueror. The only problem is that the Dark Empire is too flavoured towards the dark and the evil. Leaving little space besides the personal characters for any concept of redemption or sympathy. Ruled by Darksiders means also that the Sith and the Empire factions will collide in their recruitment and interest base. Which cannot be allowed to happen. The Empire in and of itself remained wholly unaware of the Sith infiltration of their society and their leadership. True, they had Darth Vader and his agents but the Empire's leadership remained in the hands of a "civilian" Palpatine. They obeyed Darth Vader due to his status as Pallpatine's agent. If the Dark Empire becomes the mainstream, there is likely to be Sith or Dark Side players who will take it upon themselves to think they own the non-Force users of the Empire. Which can lead to very awkward scenarios of insubordination, dissention and of course, player to player conflict. In essence, this fuses the Church and the State too much for comfort.

The Crew of the Chimaera
With the destruction of the Executor and the Pride of Tarlandia, overall command of the Imperial fleet was transferred to the Imperial mark-II class Star Destroyer Chimaera. With the death of Admiral Horst Strange, command of the Chimaera was transferred to her captain, Gilad Pellaeon. Having ordered a retreat of the Death's Head Squadron to the Annaj System, Pellaeon locked horns with Admirals Harrsk and Prittick. The former soon took his own command and deserted, becoming the first of the Warlords. Prittick convinced Pellaeon to hand over command of the squadron, which promptly retreated to Yag'Dhul to prepare for a defence of the core worlds, rather than take Pellaeon's recommendations to return to Endor now that they had reorganized, to crush the battered and beaten Rebellion.

Eventually, Chimaera, along with her captain, would return to Imperial Center, serving in succession the contenders to the Empire's throne, with the sole purpose of caretaking the Imperial forces to the best of Captain Pellaeon's abilities and authority in a continuing uphill battle. As the Empire's resources continue to dwindle, taken by rival warlords or the Rebellion, Pellaeon and his loyal men must prepare for a day when a new visionary arrives to take command of the Empire once again.

About the Faction
Those who prefer the notion of a Military led Empire, would most likely find this faction the best choice. The Faction is in and of itself mobile and flexible. Allowing for various character types to contribute to what is a losing battle. Fighting Rebels when they appear and warlords when they do not. Pellaeon canonically served Pestage, Isard, Thrawn, the Reborn Emperor, Teradoc, and Daala before becoming the Supreme Commander of All Imperial Armed Forces, a station he will keep to the end of his days. While the Chimaera itself need not be the centerpiece of the faction, this faction shows the greatest promise of creativity as individual warships under Chimaera and her famous captain's command can be used to bring about a reality for the Empire as we try and change the course of history from Canon. This faction will also allow us to side with the respective Imperial overlords as they appear be they in campaign format or modded RP format or just as an event forwarded by our faction with the respective years passing us by. Giving the Empire a chance to change history at a vital junction.

Personal Take
This is my first choice if anything. It does not touch on the Force, leaving the Dark Siders and the light siders to do their own stuff, while the Empire concentrates on what really matters, the defeat of the Rebellion. With a constant Faction Leadership being filled by a man who canonically survives well into the future, we can dispense with the necessities of new original characters to serve as leadership roles. This will also allow us to live through the events of the Empire through a military formation's view. Giving us the maximum concentration needed for military officers and soldiers, fighter pilots et cetera.
Morlenoth
Morlenoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tethis Aresis 25th November 2012, 22:00

The Jedi Order:

The Jedi are only now just re-establishing themselves in the Galaxy's grand scheme. It's been fifteen months since the Academy was established on the planet of Tython by a few people with Force talent and access to some forgotten Jedi lore. The first class of Jedi Knights has graduated under the guidance of Master Luke Skywalker. A few select students also serve now as teachers and Masters, Research teams have been seeking out ancient knowledge of the Jedi such as holocrons and new students being flown to the Academy for training. At this point the Jedi are finally ready to emerge as a group to the Galaxy.

The Academy itself is the rebuilt ancient facility on Tython. Hidden away from the Galaxy at large on an all but forgotten planet, the Jedi have been left relatively in peace. Using wisdom taken from the Jedi Order of the Galactic Republic over the span of four thousand years, the Jedi have much knowledge to sort through, study and use - and all of it to help the Galaxy be a better place once again, to remove the fear of Force-users and to cleanse their name of the black mark Palpatine left on their legacy.

Tethis Aresis

Back to top Go down

Post  Morlenoth 26th November 2012, 02:58

Oh? We didn't need to follow canon up to 6 ABY?...

In that case...may have a few more versions for the Empire faction ready for you this eve...if all goes well.
Morlenoth
Morlenoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Woverius Rillians 26th November 2012, 03:12

Yes! Excellent Tethis and I really like the Chimera version Izz Very Happy
Nik Woverius Rillians
Nik Woverius Rillians
Scoundrel
Lover
Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  Tethis Aresis 26th November 2012, 07:32

I agree. I love the ship-based faction thing in general, so it's perfect! Very Happy

Tethis Aresis

Back to top Go down

Post  Morlenoth 26th November 2012, 10:55

Hmm...did some digging around but I seem to have bound myself to the Chimaera idea too much that inspiration has failed me. Unless there be major opposition to the idea, I think it best if we incorporate the Chimaera as the starting point of a new Imperial faction. Until I find out what Sal wants to do in terms of nudging the timeline along, and how he will go about it, I will refrain from making too many assumptions.

Might be a nice time to ask about what level of RP we will be trying to entice here...what scale so to speak, whether we are doing the YY style personal inventory base or whether we are going for a full galactic scale, whether it will be somewhere in between like a dedicated task force scale etc.
Morlenoth
Morlenoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tethis Aresis 26th November 2012, 12:04

I wouldn't mind small-scale. My vision for the Jedi is similar to that; Tethis has a Defender-class corvette (the Jedi ship from TOR) and that's about it; it's all freighters and stuff for me. I guess we could have it all small-scale around that?

Tethis Aresis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 27th November 2012, 00:53

Hi, I'm just here for filler.

--

Jakob then proceeds to throw around Galactic Underground confetti and dance the macarena around everyone. Once he runs out of confetti he pulls out those bright sparkler things and does some unknown crazy dance using them as part of the routine.

He finishes off by throwing a flash grenade in the middle of everyone while screaming "HAAAAAAAAAAY MACARENA"

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Woverius Rillians 9th December 2012, 20:42

So I've set about creating the faction groups.

What I need from you guys are ideas for colours (This will be applied to member names, much like the admin red) for your respective factions.

Also, Morl, if you wish your faction to be named The Galactic Empire or Imperial Remnant.

Any questions etc along those lines, fire away.
Nik Woverius Rillians
Nik Woverius Rillians
Scoundrel
Lover
Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  Tethis Aresis 9th December 2012, 23:25

Light green if I can't get a light blue - I'll let Zel get first dibs.

Jedi Order, plz.

Tethis Aresis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gideon Rawne 9th December 2012, 23:33

This colour, if you please.
Gideon Rawne
Gideon Rawne

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Woverius Rillians 10th December 2012, 00:34

I'll get Jak on this. Colours are not my friends.
Nik Woverius Rillians
Nik Woverius Rillians
Scoundrel
Lover
Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  Atretes Rhoujen 10th December 2012, 03:19

Right, now I get what you were talking about. Mr. Direwolf over there can't distinguish color very well. Right right, I'll get on it. You guys just leave your desired info.
Atretes Rhoujen
Atretes Rhoujen

Back to top Go down

Post  Morlenoth 10th December 2012, 15:22

Galactic Empire please. Only separatists, terrorists and rebels call us a remnant. Besides, we still have Imperial Center. If we start calling a succession crisis a remnant, most countries in our world wouldn't have the history they do.

Colour for our faction? Why blue of course!

...What the...Rebels going with blue? Jedi going blue? You lot not greeny?

The regal colour belongs to the rightful government!

For some reason that colour hurts my eyes...but since when did I care about epilepsy!
Morlenoth
Morlenoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Atretes Rhoujen 10th December 2012, 15:46

There, you're all quite... pretty now.
Atretes Rhoujen
Atretes Rhoujen

Back to top Go down

Post  Tethis Aresis 10th December 2012, 16:03

I suggest either NR or TGE change 'cuz two blues is weird.

(also eye-hurty Empire blue is bad)

Tethis Aresis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sal Norongachi 10th December 2012, 16:09

Iz, that blue is eyekillerpainow. Gonna have to ask you to pick another, old chap.
Sal Norongachi
Sal Norongachi
Admin

https://infinitegalaxies.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Morlenoth 10th December 2012, 19:38

Aww, there goes operation: victory without war...

Well all the blues in the world...

Blue

Dark Blue

Oh...how would Black look like?

We use white for our normal text no?

Red are for Sithies

And Cyan looks more painful

Pink... No, We ain't going Pink )Violet). At least over my dead corpse!

Royal purple in Indigo?

Seriously, we need more colours here...Why isn't the Rebels going for Red or Green? Isn't that their way of saying "We are good guys?"... Where is grey by the way?

In all honesty, I understand the problem. The Rebels and Jedi took all the decent colours. Anarchists should mind their own business, who knows...they may start collecting taxes next!

For the Final Verdict:

You know what, in light of lack of decent colours, Why not keep the Empire as default. Aye, you lot keep us as the default colours that all members start off with and we will take all the new recruits until they decide they want to be different from the rank and file and get fancy colours.

If you don't like that, get me some colours we can actually think it fits with the Empire...Oh and you anarchists keep quiet about the pink!
Morlenoth
Morlenoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tethis Aresis 10th December 2012, 20:30

In all fairness, the logo for the New Republic actually is blue, IIRC.

What about Imperial gray/silver?

Tethis Aresis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next